All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeople everywhere are looking for fresh answers to age-old questions, trying to build a philosophy that will withstand the fire of daily testing. Rather than presenting ready-made answers to the problems of life, Expanding Horizons explores those basic questions which go to the root of the human condition. Widely used as an introduction to theosophy, this book features short essays and roundtable talks with varying age-groups. Here in refreshingly-simple language is a re-presentation of primeval spiritual ideas distilled from the treasury of ancient tradition, the god-wisdom or theosophia inspiring every great religion. More by atmosphere than by argument, the author stimulates inquiry without proselytizing. Christian and Jew, Hindu and Muslim, agstic, freethinker, and theosophist may explore as they will the wide-open spaces of universal ideas.
- Author BiographyJames A. Long was born on August 27, 1898, at York, Pennsylvania. Following a career in private business, he served as a management consultant during WWII in the office of the Quartermaster General in Washington, DC, and was later transferred to the Department of State where he assisted in the changeover to peacetime responsibilities. While there he was sent as an Advisor to the US Delegation to the United Nations at the opening of the Second Session in 1946. Mr. Long joined The Theosophical Society in 1935 and in 1939 became business manager of its American Section. He worked closely with Arthur L. Conger, whom he succeeded as leader of The Theosophical Society in 1951. The same year he founded Sunrise magazine, which he edited until his death on July 19, 1971. A primary aim of his administration was to the best of our ability, to be an example of practical theosophy in action.
- Author(s)James A. Long
- PublisherTheosophical University Press
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationPasadena, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTheosophical University Press
- Weight352 g
- Width140 mm
- Height205 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.