All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith investigations into everything from black holes to exoplanets, the Hubble Telescope has changed t only the face of astromy, but also our very sense of being in the universe, on the 25th anniversary of its launch into low-earth orbit, TASCHEN celebrates its most breathtaking deep space images both as scientific feats and as photographic masterpieces. Ultra high-resolution and taken with almost background light, these pictures have answered some of the most compelling questions of time and space, while also revealing new mysteries, like the strange dark energy that sees the universe expanding at an ever-accelerated rate. In generous square format with several foldouts, the pictures mesmerize in their iridescent colors, intricate textures, and vast, fragile forms. The collection is accompanied by an essay from photography critic Owen Edwards and an interview with Zoltan Levay, who explains how the pictures are composed. Veteran Hubble astronauts Charles F. Bolden, Jr. and John Mace Grunsfeld also offer their insights on Hubble's legacy and future space exploration.
- Author BiographyThe contributors: Owen Edwards has written about photography for 30 years for numerous publications including American Photographer, New York Times Magazine, and Smithsonian. Zoltan Levay is Imaging Lead at the Space Telescope Science Institute. He works with astronomers and communicators worldwide to publicize science results from NASA's Hubble Space Telescope.
- PublisherTaschen GmbH
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- Languageeng, fre, ger
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTaschen GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2585 g
- Width300 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.