All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
About this product
- DescriptionAn investigation into the labor force in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries primarily focusing on labor migration and remittances. The GCC countries have the highest share of foreign labor in the world. The authors examine the multidimensional aspects of such a large foreign population.
- Author BiographyGEORGE NAUFAL is an Assistant Professor of Economics at The American University of Sharjah, Sharjah, the UAE, and a research fellow at the Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA). His primary research interests include labor economics, with an emphasis on migration and remittances. He has published widely on the Middle East and North Africa region with an emphasis on the Gulf countries. Beside his academic involvement, he is a consultant on local and regional issues. He has a PhD in Economics from Texas A&M University. ISMAIL H. GENC is currently Professor of Economics at the American University of Sharjah, Sharjah, the UAE. Professor Genc received his PhD in Economics from the Texas A&M University in December 1999. His research and teaching specialties include monetary economics and applied time series forecasting with an international focus. He was in Economics and Statistics departments at the University of Idaho, USA, as Associate Professor with tenure. He also served as Vice-President of the Southwestern Economics Association (USA), and currently sits in various editorial boards, and provides expert testimony to governmental bodies and private companies on forecast related matters, and conducts executive training and delivers public speeches on his expertise. His work has been recognized with grants and contracts as well as several awards/honors. Dr. Genc is fluent in Turkish and English.
- Author(s)George Naufal,Ismail Genc
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Economics of the Middle East
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight261 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.