Experiencing Abortion: A Weaving of Women's Words by Eve Kushner (Paperback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $60.15+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $49.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
About this product
- DescriptionIf you've had an abortion and are feeling isolated and vulnerable, Experiencing Abortion will remind you that you are t alone and that you must feel your emotions in order to accept your choice and heal. Each woman responds to abortion in her own way, yet, as this sensitive, insightful book shows, there are many similarities among women's post-abortion emotions. Sharing in the firsthand, personal experiences of other women who speak for themselves in this book will help you come to terms with anguish, stress, grief, anger, or any other overwhelming emotions you might be feeling. Don't go on igring or blocking out your feelings. Learn to incorporate your experience into your sense of self in a healthy way. By reading Experiencing Abortion, you will learn about the multiple feelings and reactions abortion can trigger, the process of accepting an abortion, and the struggle to control fertility without treating your body as an enemy. Offering you a safe, honest, and supportive environment in which to explore your feelings about your abortion, this book discusses many important topics, including: * the way moods can overtake you after abortion * how avoiding your experience can defer acceptance, which in turn leads to denial and guilt * how pregnancy, abortion, and subsequent bleeding can affect your perception of your body * the struggle to enjoy sex after your abortion * your heightened awareness of gender after an abortion * how your intimate relationships may change after an abortion * the psychological reasons you may sometimes forgo birth control * accepting yourself after a second abortion Experiencing Abortion will help women who have had an abortion understand that it is a complex physical and emotional experience that doesn't necessarily end after a week or a month or a year. It will also help professionals in abortion facilities and therapists who offer pre- and post-abortion counseling understand how abortion affects each individual differently and how they might help women work through their feelings both before and after abortion. Partners, friends, and families will find this book helpful and informative as they try to help their loved one get through this sometimes difficult, even traumatic, experience.
- Author(s)Eve Kushner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/05/1997
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.