All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis extraordinary text for undergraduate urban students is a reflection of Mark Hutter's academic interests in urban sociology and his life-long passion for experiencing city life. His deep academic roots in the Chicago School of Sociology help inform and appreciate the variety of urban structures and processes and their effect on the everyday lives of people living in cities. This text, however, extends the Chicago School perspective by combining its traditions with a social psychological perspective derived from symbolic interaction and also with a macro-level examination of social organization, social change, stratification and power in the urban context, informed by political ecomy. This entirely new, 3rd Edition has a global outlook on city life, and a visual presentation unmatched among books in this genre.
- Author BiographyMark Hutter (Ph.D.), is Professor of Sociology and Anthropology at Rowan University, Glassboro, New Jersey, USA.
- Author(s)Mark Hutter
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/01/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Metropolis and Modern Life
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note136 black & white illustrations, 24 colour illustrations, 136 black & white halftones, 24 colour line drawings
- Weight952 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.