Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionBy examining human resource management (HRM) techniques and processes from the 'receiving end', Experiencing Human Resource Management provides a rich and valuable view of HRM initiatives and strategies. If HRM is to contribute to the objectives of the organization, it is imperative to understand how HRM techniques are being applied and experienced. The current HRM literature is dominated by a managerial focus and perspective, however this book tells the experiences of employees in more than 20 organizations across a number of sectors and countries. It sets out to answer three questions: A decade or so from its arrival, is HRM delivering its promises? Of the many documented changes in workplace policies and practices, which can be distinctively attributed to HRM? Where changes are occurring in the name of HRM, who is benefitting?
- Author BiographyChris started his working life as an apprentice at Longbridge car plant in the heady days of industrial strife at British Leyland. Following this, he worked for a Christian charity, for British Telecom as an occupational psychologist, before heading up management development for Rank Xerox (UK) in the late 80s. Since then he has taught HRM at Masters level at the Open University, Birkbeck College (University of London) and now at Birmingham University. As a longstanding associate of ASK (Europe), he advises on and runs leadership development programmes for organisations of various sizes in diverse sectors. He has a doctorate in Industrial Management and is a Chartered Occupational Psychologist.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication29/01/1998
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Notefigs.tabs.
- Weight590 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byChristopher Mabey,Dr. Denise Skinner,Timothy A. R. Clark
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.