All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionOne of every six couples in America is experiencing infertility, a devastating crisis that affects men and women individually and as a couple. This comforting and informative book addresses the medical, financial, and emotional issues that couples must work through while resolving their infertility. Written in a question-and-answer format, this sympathetic book offers practical advice on how to contend with the emotional ups and downs of infertility-from learning how to communicate feelings more effectively to coping with the losses of failed treatments or miscarriages. Warm and practical, the book is divided into twelve chapters, grouped according to the four stages involved in resolving infertility: crisis, acceptance, resolution and epilogue. Addressing the crisis phase are chapters on communicating effectively in a crisis, viewing infertility through the eyes of a parent, coping with family and friends, dealing with stresses at work while going through medical treatment, dealing with the medical establishment, and working through loss. For the stages of acceptance and resolution the authors offer chapters on deepening one's faith, kwing when to stop medical treatment, and practical advice for couples deciding to live child-free or considering adoption. An extensive section at the end addresses issues and concerns of professionals dealing with infertility patients. In addition, there are self-help exercises and a guide to resources. Originally titled What to Expect When You're Experiencing Infertility in hardcover.
- Author BiographyAlice Domar is the author of Healing Mind, Healthy Woman.
- Author(s)Debby Peoples,Harriette Rovner Ferguson
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication17/01/2003
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width178 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.