All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a volume that is to be welcomed both for providing new and intersint findings, that suggest new answers to old questions, and for opening new and exciting avenues for future research. * Ecmic History Review When discussing wages, historians have traditionally concentrated on the level of wages, much less on how people were paid for their work. Important aspects were thus igred such as how frequently were wages actually paid, how much of the wage was paid in n-monetary form - whether as traditional perquisites or community relief - especially when there was often insufficient coinage available to pay wages. Covering a wide geographical area, ranging from Spain to Finland, and time span, ranging from the sixteenth century to the 1930s, this volume offers fresh perspectives on key areas in social and ecomic history such as the relationship between customs, moral ecomy, wages and the market, changing pay and wage forms and the relationship between age, gender and wages. Peter Scholliers works at the Center for Contemporary Social History, Free University Brussels, and Leonard Schwarz at the Department of Modern History, University of Birmingham.
- Author BiographyPeter Scholliers works at the Center for Contemporary Social History, Free University Brussels, and Leonard Schwarz at the Department of Modern History, University of Birmingham.
- PublisherBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/03/2004
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleInternational Studies in Social History
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationHerndon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byLeonard David Schwarz,Peter Scholliers
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.