All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume, Julinna Oxley and Ramona Ilea bring together essays that examine and defend the use of experiential learning activities to teach philosophical terms, concepts, arguments, and practices. Experiential learning emphasizes the importance of student engagement outside the traditional classroom structure. Service learning, studying abroad, engaging in large-scale collaborative projects such as creating blogs, websites and videos, and practically applying kwledge in a reflective, creative and rigorous way are all forms of experiential learning. Taken together, the contributions to Experiential Learning in Philosophy argue that teaching philosophy is about doing philosophy with others. The book is divided into two sections: essays that engage in the philosophical debate about defining and implementing experiential learning, and essays that describe how to integrate experiential learning into the teaching of philosophy. Experiential Learning in Philosophy provides a timely reflection on best practices for teaching philosophical ideals and theories, an examination of the evolution of the discipline of philosophy and its adoption (or reclamation) of active modes of learning, and an anticipation of the ways in which pedagogical practices will continue to evolve in the 21st century.
- Author BiographyJulinna Oxley is Associate Professor of Philosophy and Director of the Women's and Gender Studies Program at Coastal Carolina University. She authored The Moral Dimensions of Empathy: Limits and Applications in Ethical Theory and Practice (2012) and has also published on topics in ethics and feminist philosophy. Ramona Ilea is an Associate Professor and Chair of the Philosophy Department at Pacific University. She co-edited Consequentialism and Environmental Ethics and published articles in the Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics, Teaching Philosophy, and the Journal of Social Philosophy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white halftones, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJulinna C. Oxley,Ramona Ilea
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.