All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionExperimental O'Neill compiles in a single volume six of Eugene O'Neill's early plays: The Hairy Ape, The Emperor Jones, and what are often referred to as The S.S. Glencairn Plays, four related one-acts. With extensive companion essays and critical analysis, this indispensable volume brings together some of O'Neill's often overlooked and still highly controversial works. Exploring themes of race, capitalism, and isolation, these plays use a mix of realism and expressionism to highlight the human condition in groundbreaking drama that is at once thematically evocative of its era and fundamentally ahead of its time.
- Author BiographyEugene O'Neill (1888--1953) was an American playwright and Nobel laureate in Literature. Rick Mitchell is a professor, playwright, ventriloquist, and author of numerous published works, including: Ventriloquist, The Composition of Herman Melville, Brecht in L.A., and many others. He lives in the Los Angeles area.
- Author(s)Eugene Gladstone O'Neill
- PublisherRare Bird Books
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRare Bird Books
- Weight528 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byRick Mitchell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.