All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.33
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.16
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.21
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $46.07
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.48
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.15
- AU $35.63Trending at AU $50.64
About this product
- DescriptionTraditionally experimentation has been understood as an activity performed within the laboratory, but in the twenty-first century this view is being challenged. Schwarz uses ecological and environmental case studies to show how scientific experiments can transcend the laboratory.
- Author BiographyAstrid Shwarz's main research area concerns the status and power of concepts and images in the process of generating, stabilizing and demarcating scientific knowledge. In particular, she focuses on concepts and metaphors, scientific models, the constitution of the research objects, the influence of images and diagrams as well as popular societal visions. She is based at ETH Zurich.
- Author(s)Astrid Schwarz
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleHistory and Philosophy of Technoscience
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPickering & Chatto (Publishers) Ltd
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.