Expert Advice for Policy Choice: Analysis and Discourse by Duncan MacRae, Dale Whittington (Paperback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.73+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionEcomic reasoning has thus far dominated the field of public policy analysis. This new introduction to the field posits that policy analysis should have both a broader interdisciplinary base - including criteria from such fields as political science, sociology, law, and philosophy, as well as ecomics - and also a broader audience in order to foster democratic debate. To achieve these goals, MacRae and Whittington have organized their textbook around the construction of decision matrices using multiple criteria, exploring the uses of the decision matrix formulation more fully than other texts. They describe how to set up the matrix, fill in cells and combine criteria, and use it as an aid for decision making. They show how ethical assessment of the affects that alternatives have on various parties differs from political analysis, and then they extend the use of the decision matrix to consider alternatives by affected parties, periods of time, or combined factors. The authors also thoughtfully address the role of expert advice in the policy process, widening the scope of the field to describe a complex system for the creation and use of kwledge in a democracy. An extended case study of HIV/AIDS policy follows each chapter (in installments), immediately illustrating the application of the material. The book also contains a glossary. Expert Advice for Policy Choice provides a new basis for graduate education in public policy analysis and can also serve as a text in planning, evaluation research, or public administration. In addition, it will be of interest to students and professionals wishing to aid policy choice who work in such fields as sociology, political science, psychology, public health, and social work.
- Author BiographyDuncan MacRae, Jr., is William Rand Kenan, Jr., Professor of Political Science, Sociology, and Public Policy Analysis, and Dale Whittington is a professor in the departments of environmental sciences and engineering and of city and regional planning, both at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. MacRae is the coauthor (with James A. Wilde) of the highly regarded textbook, Policy Analysis for Public Decisions (1979).
- Author(s)Dale Whittington,Duncan MacRae
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1997
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleAmerican Governance and Public Policy Series
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight595 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.