All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.67Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores tensions in global trade by examining the role of experts in generating, disseminating and legitimating kwledge about the possibilities of trade to work for global development. To this end, contributors assess authoritative claims on kwledge. They also consider structural features that uphold trade experts' mopoly over kwledge, such as expert language and legal and ecomic expertise. The chapters collectively explore the tensions between actors who seek to effect change and those who work to uphold the status quo, exacerbate asymmetries, and reinforce the dominant narrative of the global trade regime. The book addresses the following key overarching research questions: * Who is considered to be a trade expert and how does one become a kwledge producer in global trade? * How do experts acquire, disseminate and legitimate kwledge? * What agendas are advanced by expert kwledge? * How does the discourse generated within trade expertise serve to close off alternative institutional pathways and modes of thinking? * What potential exists for the emergence of more emancipatory global trade policies from contemporary developments in the field of trade expertise? This book will be of great interest to students and scholars of IPE, Trade Politics, International Relations, and International Organizations.
- Author BiographyErin Norma Hannah is Associate Professor at King's University College at the University of Western Ontario, Canada. Silke Trommer is University Lecturer in Global Sustainable Development and World Politics at the University of Helsinki, Finland. James Scott is Lecturer in International Politics in the Department of Political Economy at King's College London, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleGlobal Institutions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight436 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byErin Hannah,Scott James,Silke Trommer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.