All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Hollingsworth and Silivia Ybarra's How to Teach English Learners: Explicit Direct Instruction for English Learners is designed to help teachers deliver effective lessons that can significantly improve achievement for their English language learners. In this teacher-friendly book, the authors combine educational theory, brain research, and data analysis in a step-by-step guide for using the Explicit Direct Instruction (EDI) method with English language learners. Written in an entertaining, teacher-friendly, easy-to-read style with classroom examples, boxed features, and detailed sample lessons, the book covers checking for understanding, lesson objectives, activating prior kwledge, concept and skills development, guided practice, and much more.
- Author BiographyJohn Hollingsworth is president of DataWORKS Educational Research, a company originally created to use real data to improve student achievement. Although DataWORKS started by analyzing learning outcomes (test scores), it soon refocused towards analyzing learning inputs (classroom instructional practices). DataWORKS now focuses mainly on providing staff development to schools on classroom instruction. John is an active researcher and presenter and has published numerous articles in educational publications. He spends much of his time on the road training teachers. Dr. Silvia Ybarra, Ed.D., began her career in education as a physics and chemistry teacher at Roosevelt High School in Fresno, California. Next, Silvia became principal of Wilson Middle School in Exeter, California, which under her leadership became a prestigious Distinguished School. Silvia was then named assistant superintendent of Coalinga-Huron School District. Her focus progressed from helping one classroom to helping one school to helping an entire district. Silvia is the head researcher at DataWORKS.
- Author(s)John R. Hollingsworth,Silvia E. Ybarra
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication12/02/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.