Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is presented primarily to record the papers of the Conference on the Exploding Wire Phemen conducted by the Air Force Cambridge Research Center in Boston, Massachusetts, on April 2 and 3, 1959. A second and scarcely less important purpose of this book is to serve as a mograph on exploding wires. Nowhere in any language is there a book, or for that matter a section of a book, on electrical wire explosions. The growing interest in and import ance of the phemen was indicated by the very gratifying re sponse to the Confe: rence invitations. We hope this book, reaching an even larger audience, will fill a gap in the literature as well as serve as a record of the Conference. A logical arrangement of the papers was extremely difficult to accomplish. On whatever basis they were classified, most papers could have been equally well placed in more than one category. This difficulty was solved by arranging them in three broad classes. If this book is to serve as a mograph, some gene: ral back ground in the exploding wire phemen (EWP) is needed. The Introduction was written to serve this purpose. It is, of course, impossible to thank all those without whose help the Conference and this book would t have been possible.
- Author(s)Howard K. Moore,William George Chace
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/12/2013
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note79 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight527 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1968
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.