All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsidering the ways in which the 'global turn' is changing the theory and practice of historical disciplines, Explorations in History and Globalization engages with the concept and methodology of globalization, challenging traditional divisions of space and time to offer a range of perspectives on how globalization has affected social, ecomic, political and cultural history. Each chapter covers a specific theme, discussing how globalization has shaped these themes and how they have contributed to globalization throughout history. Including topics such as ecological exchanges, trade, exchanges of kwledge, migration, empire and urbanization, this volume both explains historical trajectories through a global analytical framework and provides tools that students can employ when posing their own research questions about historical globalization. Containing suggestions for further reading and guidance on the ways in which primary source material can be used as a basis for global historical studies, this is the ideal volume for all students interested in the global exchanges between people throughout history.
- Author BiographyCatia Antunes is Associate Professor of Economic and Social History at Leiden University. She is the author of Globalisation in the Early Modern Period (2004) and co-editor with Francesca Trivellato and Leor Haveli of Religion and Trade: Cross-Cultural Exchanges in World History 1000-1900 (2014) and with Jos Gommans of Exploring the Dutch Empire: Agents, Networks and Institutions (2015). Karwan Fatah-Black is Assistant Professor of Social and Economic History at Leiden University. In 2015 he was awarded the prestigious VENI grant from the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research. He is co-editor of the Journal of Global Slavery, the journal of Suriname and Caribbean studies OSO, and the Zeven Provincien book series on the early modern Netherlands. He is the author of White Lies and Black Markets: Evading Metropolitan Authority in Colonial Suriname, 1650-1800 (2015).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight431 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCatia Antunes,Karwan Fatah-Black
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.