All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionThis book tracks the development of Exploratory Practice since the early 1990s as an original form of practitioner research in the field of English language teaching. Drawing on case studies, vignettes and narratives from teachers and learners around the world as they experienced Exploratory Practice in their different contexts, Hanks examines the theoretical and philosophical underpinnings of the Exploratory Practice framework and asks what the principles really mean in practice. For language professionals considering investigating their classrooms and their teaching/learning practices rigorously and thoughtfully, this book breaks new ground, arguing for a fresh perspective: (exploratory) practice-as-research. Judith Hanks is Lecturer in TESOL at the University of Leeds, UK. Her work bridges specialist areas in language teacher education, intercultural communication, TESOL and EAP.
- Author BiographyJudith Hanks is Lecturer in TESOL at the University of Leeds, UK. She started teaching EFL in 1987 and has worked in China, Italy, Singapore, Turkey and the UK. She has worked as a teacher, teacher trainer and teacher educator, as well as course director, programme leader and manager, and of course, she is a life-long language learner. Her work bridges specialist areas in language teacher education, intercultural communication, TESOL and EAP. She is a founder member of the Exploratory Practice group, and is co-author of The Developing Language Learner: An Introduction to Exploratory Practice (Allwright & Hanks, 2009). Her research interests lie in the areas of investigating developing intercultural understandings in language classrooms, eliciting learner and teacher understandings of their practice, with particular emphasis on practitioner research in language education, specifically: Exploratory Practice.
- Author(s)Judith Hanks
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/02/2017
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleResearch and Practice in Applied Linguistics
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight807 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.