All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you ready to transform your classroom into an experiential work that flourishes on collaboration and creativity? Then set sail with classroom game designer and educator Michael Matera as he reveals the possibilities and power of game-based learning. In Explore Like a PIRATE, Matera serves as your experienced guide to help you apply the most motivational techniques of gameplay to your classroom using strategies that work with and enhance (rather than replace) your current curriculum. Part one debunks common myths and fears about gamification and explains why and how game-based learning effectively engages students in any subject or grade level. Part two focuses on how you can empower students to take control of their learning. You'll also learn all about the different kinds of players in your classroom - and how to inspire them to set and achieve big goals. Part three is an all-in-one treasure chest, tool box, and field guide. Packed with ideas and examples that can be applied or adapted to any classroom - from badges and points, to mini-games and yearlong adventures - this is a resource you'll return to again and again.
- Author(s)Michael Matera
- PublisherDave Burgess Consulting, Inc.
- Date of Publication05/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDave Burgess Consulting, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.