All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHikers can experience a surprising variety of habitats and terrains in Louisiana, ranging from piney woods in the west to bottomland hardwood along the Mississippi floodplain, to the picturesque swamps and marshes in the south. The state's varied habitats provide an ideal home for a wide array of flora and fauna, and its mild climate makes fall, winter, and spring excellent seasons for hiking. Louisiana is located along a prime corridor for migrating birds; as a result, many of the state's trails offer bird-watching opportunities for hikers. The hikes in this guide range in length from 1/2 to 31 miles, from a casual stroll to a 3-4-day backpack. An overview chart makes it easy to choose a hike for every ability. Each hike description includes mile-by-mile directions, a topographic map, information on hiking time, mileage, and trail conditions, and kwledgeable commentary on the human and natural history you'll encounter along the way.
- Author(s)Janina Baxley
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication25/02/2004
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Series TitleExplorer's 50 Hikes
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Content Note50 black-and-white photographs, 51 maps
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.