All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis all-new hiking guide covers Minnesota's distinct areas of terrain and habitat-the rthern arboreal forests, the western prairies, the deciduous forests, and the southeastern Mississippi River bluffs. These diverse areas offer a wide variety of hiking experiences, flora and fauna, and spectacular vistas. Ranging from easy walks of several miles to daylong outings, these hikes take advantage of Minnesota's extensive and well-maintained state and national parks. Bonus destinations of historical importance or scenic value also are described. Each chapter includes driving directions to the trailhead, a topographic map, trail mileage and estimated hiking time, a trail description with safety tes, and stories of the human, natural, and geological history you'll encounter along the way.
- Author BiographyGwen Ruff has been a writer and editor for nearly 25 years, working for daily newspapers, the University of Minnesota, and freelance clients. Ben Woit has worked as an assistant to a literary agent for over three years. He lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Ben Woit,Gwen Ruff
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Series TitleExplorer's 50 Hikes
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Content Note50 black-and-white photographs, 51 maps
- Weight390 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.