All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
About this product
- DescriptionGuatemala delivers what adventurous travelers dream of: exotic birds and wildlife, world-class caving, whitewater rafting, zip-lining through the jungle, fascinating Mayan ruins, vibrant cities, and riotous indigeus festivals and markets. Like Guatemala itself, this guide combines the best in adventure, nature, and culture to create indelible travel memories. Author Conner Gorry is a solo woman traveler, and that translates into insightful text that keeps an eye on travel safety issues. Detailed itineraries offer invaluable, road-tested advice, while comprehensive history and information on Mayan culture imbue your trip with context and meaning. Gorry covers the top tourist destinations with the kwledge only experience can bring; she also emphasizes sustainable travel options that support local communities and minimize environmental impact. Including sections on health, language, and traveling with children-everything you need to have a fun, adventurous, safe, and authentic travel experience is right here. More than 100 photographs and detailed maps round out the information, providing everything you need to make the most of your visit.
- Author BiographyConner Gorry is a native New Yorker who lives with her husband in Havana, Cuba, where she reports for various news outlets. Gorry holds an MA in international policy and has written more than a dozen guidebooks to destinations in Central and South America and the Caribbean, among other locales.
- Author(s)Conner Gorry
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication19/02/2010
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleExplorer's Great Destinations
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Content Note100 black-and-white photographs
- Weight520 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.