All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionExploring Childhood in a Comparative Context meets an increasing need for students focusing on early childhood to be familiar with alternative practices in other countries. Providing a ready-made source of information about a wide range of countries including Finland, the Netherlands, the United States, New Zealand, Japan, South Africa and many more, the book clearly describes the way each country understands and conceptualises childhood. Each chapter includes contextual information about the country, an introduction to the theory that has shaped practice and describes the curriculum for pre-school and primary education. Including vignettes from practitioners working in each country to illustrate practice, the chapters explore key themes such as: * Child development * Parental involvement * Teaching and learning * Professionalism * Assessment * Pupil experience. Accessibly written and including opportunities for reflection, this timely new book will give students a valuable insight into alternative education systems that is essential if they are to become practitioners with a current and global approach.
- Author BiographyMabel Ann Brown is Senior Lecturer on the Foundation Degree in Children's and Young People's Services and the BA Child and Youth Studies at the University of Derby, UK. Jon White is Senior Lecturer in BA Early Childhood/Education Studies and MA Education at the University of Derby, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/08/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 50 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJon White,Mabel-Ann Brown
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.