All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRoutledge Introductions to Applied Linguistics consists of introductory level textbooks covering the core topics in Applied Linguistics, designed for those entering postgraduate studies and language professionals returning to academic study. The books take an innovative practice to theory approach, with a 'back to front' structure which takes the reader from real life problems and issues in the field, then enters into a discussion of intervention and how to engage with these concerns. The final section concludes by tying the practical issues to theoretical foundations. Additional features include tasks with commentaries, a glossary of key terms, and an annotated further reading section. Corpus linguistics is a key area of applied linguistics and one of the most rapidly developing. Winnie Cheng's practical approach guides readers in acquiring the relevant knowledge and theories to enable the analysis, explanation and interpretation of language using corpus methods. Throughout the book practical classroom examples, concordance based analyses and tasks such as designing and conducting mini-projects are used to connect and explain the conceptual and practical aspects of corpus linguistics. Exploring Corpus Linguistics is an essential textbook for post-graduate/graduate students new to the field and for advanced undergraduates studying English Language and Applied Linguistics.
- Author BiographyWinnie Cheng is Professor of English at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Her publications include Intercultural Conversation (2003), A corpus-driven analysis of discourse intonation (2008), Professional communication: Collaboration between academics and practitioners (2009), and Language for professional communication: Research, practice & training (2009).
- Author(s)Winnie Cheng
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2011
- Series TitleRoutledge Introductions to Applied Linguistics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note75 black & white tables, 75 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.