Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionExploring Ireland's Historic Towns sheds new light on the streets and squares of Ireland, drawing our attention to the historic context in which they developed. Following on from the success of Exploring Georgian Dublin and Exploring Irish Castles, Pat Dargan w traces the history of the construction of Irish towns through each of their historical phases. He highlights the social and political contexts that lay behind each phase, identifies the individuals responsible for the town developments, and explores the ideals and motivations that drove them. Each phase is presented alongside each town's principal features and characteristics. This comprehensive guide is complete with a wealth of photographs and illustrations.
- Author BiographyPat Dargan is an architect and planner by profession, and lectures in physical planning and design in the Dublin Institute of Technology. He has made a special study of Irish towns, villages, and their architecture, and has published extensively on the subject.
- Author(s)Pat Dargan
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight310 g
- Width170 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.