All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDid you kw that your kitchen is actually a secret laboratory where tons of crazy-cool science goes down every day? Or that your fridge is jam-packed with chemistry materials? Join the world-famous Exploratorium for 30+ delicious discoveries, including the science of food, cooking, baking, nutrition, and taste. The Exploratorium s <i>Exploring</i><i>Kitchen Science</i>is your hands-on guide to exploring all the tasty chemistry that goes on all around you from burning a peanut to understand how calories work to making blinking rock candies with LEDs inside, from cooking up oobleck as a wild and wacky lesson in matter to making ice cream with dry ice! Watch Mentos and Diet Coke explode, Styrofoam shrink in a pressure cooker, and marshmallows duke it out. Make dyes from onionskins, tangy and yeasty sourdough bread, odles of fruit, pickles a power source, and glow-in-the-dark Jello. Use cabbage juice as a pH indicator and salt and olive oil as a lava lamp. Whip up tasty treats while you explore all the unexpected science that s going on inside your very own kitchen. Cook, mix and microwave your way through <i>Exploring Kitchen Science </i>and learn some cool stuff along the way.
- Author BiographyInternationally acclaimed as the first hands-on science museum of its kind, <b>the Exploratorium</b> is home to more than 475 interactive exhibits, all of which create an otherworldly and awe-inspiring experience of everyday physical forces. More than half a million people visit the museum annually, and several hundred thousand more interact with exhibits sent abroad. The Exploratorium was awarded National Science Board 2011 Public Service Science Award for its continued good works in heightening awareness of the intersection of art and science, and it has trained more than 6,000 teachers in learning through hands-on interaction.
- PublisherWeldon Owen, Incorporated
- Date of Publication13/11/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWeldon Owen, Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width184 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.11
- AU $7.84Trending at AU $8.30
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $33.20
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $30.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.