All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionExploring Language and Linguistics considers the key concepts of linguistics and the application of these concepts to real-world settings. The first eight chapters cover the standard topics of introduction to linguistics courses, while subsequent chapters introduce students to applied topics such as media discourse, literary linguistics and psycholinguistics. Each chapter has been written by a subject expert and experienced teacher, ensuring that the text is both up-to-date and clearly presented. Numerous learning features provide extensive student support: exercises allow students to review their understanding of key topics; summaries encourage students to reflect on the main points of each chapter; figures, photos, tables and charts clarify complex topics; and antated suggestions for further reading point students to resources for self-study. A companion website, with 170 self-test questions, suggested group exercises, audio files and links to additional web resources, completes the learning package.
- Author BiographyNatalie Braber is a Senior Lecturer in Linguistics at Nottingham Trent University. Louise Cummings is Professor of Linguistics at Nottingham Trent University. Liz Morrish is Subject Leader for Linguistics at Nottingham Trent University.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/09/2015
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note41 b/w illus. 17 tables
- Weight1080 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byLiz Morrish,Louise Cummings,Natalie Braber
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.