All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical book provides pre- and inservice teachers with an understanding of how math can be learned through play. The author helps teachers to recognize the mathematical learning that occurs during play, to develop strategies for mathematizing that play, and to design formal lessons that make connections between mathematics and play. Common Core State Standards are addressed throughout the text to demonstrate the ways in which play is critical to standards-based mathematics teaching, and to help teachers become more familiar with these standards. Classroom examples illustrate that, unlike most formal tasks, play offers children opportunities to solve n-routine problems and to demonstrate a variety of mathematical ways of thinking - such as perseverance and attention to precision. This book will help put play back into the early childhood classroom where it belongs.
- Author BiographyThomas M. McCann is associate professor of English at Northern Illinois University, USA.
- Author(s)Amy Noelle Parks,Thomas M. McCann
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEarly Childhood Education Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width156 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.