Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionExploring Maya Ritual Caves offers a rare survey and explication of most of the kwn ancient Maya ritual caves in Mexico, Guatemala, and Belize. The caves were the Maya underworld, where rituals, including animal and human sacrifice, were carried out. The Maya cave cult and mythology, construction and modification of the caves, and cult art and artifacts are discussed. Chladek, an intrepid explorer, then describes important caves that he has recently visited and provides photos of their wonders.
- Author BiographyStanislav Chladek, once a world champion whitewater kayaker, had a long career as a professor of chemistry, ran a business in Michigan importing English sea kayaks, and recently has studied Native American rock art and the Aleutian Islands, by kayak, in conjunction with the Smithsonian Institution. In his latest research on the Maya, he was on occasion the first non-Maya to enter some caves.
- Author(s)Stanislav Chladek
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/07/2011
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight562 g
- Width164 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.