All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is intended for developers and engineers with some familiarity of operating system concepts as implemented by Linux. A basic background in C code would be helpful. Their positions range from hobbyists wanting to secure their Android powered creations to OEM engineers building handsets to engineers of emerging areas where Android is seeing growth.
- Author BiographyWilliam Confer has been engineering embedded and mobile systems since 1997. He has worked for Samsung Mobile as a managing staff engineer and currently teaches computer science at SUNY Polytechnic Institute. He holds a patent in low-cost character recognition for extremely resource-limited devices and has multiple other patents pending for mobile technologies. William Roberts is a software engineer who is focused on OS-level security and platform enhancements. He is one of the engineers who founded the Samsung KNOX product and an early adopter of SE for Android. He has made contributions to several open source projects, such as SE for Android, the Android Open Source Project, the Linux Kernel, CyanogenMod, and OpenSC. His recent interests have taken him to Smart Card technologies and the virtualization of smart cards. In his spare time, he works with Dr. Confer on the Miniat project (http://www.miniat.org), a virtual, embedded architecture simulator.
- Author(s)William Confer,William Roberts
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication24/02/2015
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.