All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStarring internationally rewned actors Martin Landau, Barbara Bain, Barry Morse and Catherine Schell, the British-made Space: 1999 was the only truly original space adventure of the mid-1970s. Sandwiched between the demise of the original Star Trek and the opening of the Stars Wars series on the big screen, Space: 1999 featured a richly-visualized world where space was terrifying and mysterious, where t all problems were solvable by techlogy and the space travelers were very human. From the science fiction show's conception in 1973 to its cancellation in 1977, this reference work covers each of the 48 episodes in depth, including a full plot sypsis, writer, director, guest star credits, and critical commentary that examines both the episode and other shows that have used similar plotlines. The popularity of Space: 1999 memorabilia and its many fan clubs are fully discussed, along with the possibility of a future movie or reunion show that would tie up the loose ends caused by the show's abrupt cancellation.
- Author Biography<b>John Kenneth Muir</b> is the author of more than 20 reference books covering science fiction and horror on film and television. He is creator of the Internet sci-fi series <i>The House Between</i> (www.thehousebetween.com) and his popular blog can be found at reflectionsonfilmandtelevision.blogspot.com.
- Author(s)John Kenneth Muir
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2005
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations, photos, notes, bibliog , index
- Weight313 g
- Width163 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.