Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionCan we teach others how to lead a fulfilling life? The tion of personal well-being has recently shot up the political and educational agendas, placing the child's well-being at the heart of the school's task. With his rewned talent for distilling the most complex of philosophical arguments into accessible laymen's terms, John White addresses the maze of issues surrounding well-being, bringing clarity to this dissension and confusion. This accessible book expertly guides you through the conflicting perspectives on well-being found in the educational world by * Examining religious and secular views of human fulfilment and of a meaningful life. * Analysing the appeal of celebrity, wealth and consumerism to so many of our children. * Asking what role pleasure, success, automy, work, life-planning and worthwhile activities play in children's flourishing. * Showing how proposals to encourage children's well-being impact on schools' aims and learning arrangements. Whether you have little background in education and philosophy or are reading as a teacher, student or policy maker, this engaging book will take you right to the heart of these critical issues. It will leave you with a sharply-focused picture of a remodelled educational system fit for our new millennium, committed to helping every child to enjoy a fulfilling life.
- Author BiographyJohn White is Emeritus Professor of Philosophy of Education at the Institute of Education University of London, UK.
- Author(s)John Peter White
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/03/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.