All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionNo preacher should send his or her congregants home from worship with their heads hurting, but there is a growing sense that the Church could benefit these days from a revival of doctrinal preaching, the fundamentals of Christian belief. Where better to start than the Apostles's Creed. It was this conviction that brought together a group of the most outstanding theologians and preachers from the English speaking world to write this book. They include the Regius Professor of Divinity in The University of Cambridge (David Ford), the great and hugely lamented Professor Colin Gunton, Professor Frances Young from Birmingham and the Dean of King's College, London, Dr Richard Burridge. The authors are from different deminations and include Roman Catholics, Anglicans, Lutherans and people from the United Reformed Church. The Apostles' Creed was chosen as the basis of this book because of its narrative structure, confessional character, liturgical familiarity and ecumenical appeal. It was formulated and adopted as doctrine at The Council of Nicea for the Universal Church. Anchoring doctrinal reflection on this historic creed can focus our faith and restrain our eccentric tendencies. Each chapter includes an essay and a sermon to assist exploration and proclamation of the Creed. The authors identify biblical sources, trace how the doctrine was perceived and interpreted in Christian history and reflects theologically on the confession for our turbulent times. As one of the contributors has written 'Before they counsel, instruct, warn or comfort, preachers must proclaim'
- Author BiographyRoger van Harn is an American Presbyterian theologian and pastor. He was editor of the 3-volume Lectionary Commentaries published by Continuum. David Ford is Regius Professor of Divinity at the University of Cambridge. Colin E. Gunton was Professor of Christian Doctrine, King's College, London and a Minster of the United Reformed Church.
- PublisherContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Date of Publication01/11/2004
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMorehouse Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight371 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byRoger Van Harn
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.