All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionThere are nearly 40 inhabited islands off the coast of England and Wales, and dozens of other uninhabited ones. Some are well-kwn commercial, financial and holiday destinations, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, the Isle of Wight; others are small, remote, peaceful and mysterious like the Farne Islands, the Scilly Isles or Lundy. But all the inhabited ones and many of the uninhabited ones are reasonably accessible, and this richly illustrated book provides the first ever guide to them all. With details of their geology, history, flora and fauna, inhabitants and customs, it is also a practical book with information on how to get there, where to stay and eat, island walks and architecture, sites to visit, sights to see and details of relevant websites and contacts.
- Author BiographyJulian Holland trained as an artist at Cheltenham College of Art before going on to study graphic design, illustration and photography. He fell into a career in publishing when he was offered his first job as a book designer for Readers Digest, followed by stints as a magazine designer before ending up as a designer and art editor for Dorling Kindersley. From 1977 Julian was involved in freelance book design and book packaging, until a close brush with the grim reaper in 2004 inspired him to change his career and become a full-time author and photographer, concentrating on his two favourite subjects of islands and railways.
- Author(s)Julian Holland
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date06/08/2013
- Content Note200 colour photographs, 90 maps
- Weight1093 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.