All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow did the Bible we have come to be? What do biblical scholars mean when they talk about can, the Septuagint, the Apocrypha, or the Masoretic Text? All this biblical study is interesting, but does it really matter? Leading international scholars explain that it does. This thought-provoking and cutting-edge collection will help you go deeper in your understanding of the biblical writings, how those writings became canical Scripture, and why can matters. Beginning with an explanation of the different versions of the Hebrew Bible, scholars in different areas of expertise explore the complexities and issues related to the Old and New Testament cans, why different Jewish and Christian communities have different collections, and the importance of can to theology.
- Author BiographyCraig A. Evans (PhD, Claremont Graduate University) is Payzant Distinguished Professor of New Testament at Acadia Divinity College in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, and is the author of more than thirty books. Emanuel Tov (PhD, Hebrew University) is J. L. Magnes Professor of Bible at Hebrew University in Jerusalem and editor-in-chief of the Dead Sea Scrolls Publication Project. He was awarded the Israel Prize 2009 for his research in the Bible.
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight390 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCraig A. Evans,Emanuel Tov
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.