All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the role electricity plays in sustaining and improving the quality of life. The author elucidates the numerous approaches to estimating value, including electricity's contribution toward the U.S. Gross Domestic Product, its role in medicine, and its ability to power communications. Traditional measures such the cost of outages, the impact of storms, the cost of restoring power systems after storms, the Value of Lost Load (VOLL), consumer Willingness to Pay (WTP) to avoid outages, and consumer surveys are covered extensively. In addition, the book speculates on life without electricity and how society may have evolved without it.
- Author(s)Clark W. Gellings P. E.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication11/08/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.