All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the world grows increasingly complex-in issues of sustainability, culture, and techlogy-businesses and governments are searching for a form of problem solving that can effectively respond to unprecedented levels of ambiguity and disorder. Traditional linear thinking has been disparaged by the popular media as being inadequate for dealing with the global ecomic crisis. Traditional forms of marketing and product development have been rejected by businesses that need to find new ways of staying competitive in a global ecomy. Yet little has been offered as an alternative. It is t eugh to demand that someone be more invative without offering the tools to succeed. This book offers a way of thinking about complicated, multifaceted problems with a repeatable degree of success. Design synthesis methods can be applied in business to produce new and compelling products and services, or these methods can be applied in government with the goal of changing culture and bettering society. In both contexts, there is a need for timely and aggressive action. This text is intended to act as a practitioner's guide to using the magic of design to solve complex problems.
- Author BiographyJon Kolko is the Founder and Director of Austin Center for Design, a progressive educational institution teaching interaction design and social entrepreneurship. He has held positions of Executive Director of Design Strategy at Thinktiv, a venture accelerator in Austin, Texas, and both Principal Designer and Associate Creative Director roles at frog design, a global innovation firm. He was also a Professor of Interaction and Industrial Design at the Savannah College of Art and Design.
- Author(s)Jon Kolko
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleHuman Technology Interaction Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note55 illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width158 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.