All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone who studies the Bible wishes at some point that he or she knew the original Hebrew or Greek in order to better understand a difficult word or passage. The Expository Dictionary of Bible Words gives readers the fruits of a working kwledge Hebrew and Greek without the years of language study.The Expository Dictionary of Bible Words is more than just a handy and thorough alphabetical guide to the English translation of the Hebrew and Greek words used in both Testaments. There are thousands of articles, all arranged alphabetically by English word and coded to Strong s numbering system for ease of use. Each article is divided into two sections Old Testament (Hebrew) Words and New Testament (Greek) Words with an entry for the Hebrew or Greek word along with its transliteration, translation, range of meaning(s), and comments on its use in different biblical contexts. A comprehensive system of cross-references aids the reader in finding different words as well as discussions of related words and themes.Although reference works like Vine s and Englishman s have long aided Christians in understanding the nuances of different biblical words, the Expository Dictionary of Bible Words surpasses all available reference works. The Additional Notes to articles throughout the volume provide valuable and insightful information on the connections between Old and New Testament words and themes.
- Author BiographyStephen D. Renn has served as the Head of Biblical Studies and Academic Dean at the Sydney Missionary and Bible College, lecturing in Old Testament and Biblical Hebrew (1986 2001). He was Principal of the Sutherland Shire Christian School from 2001 to 2003 and is currently Coordinator of Language Teaching at Inaburra School in Sydney, New South Wales, with additional responsibilities for the teaching of history and Bible.
- PublisherHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication16/07/2005
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Weight1701 g
- Width183 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edited byStephen D Renn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.