Exposure Therapy for Anxiety: Principles and Practice by Jonathan S. Abramowitz, Stephen P. H. Whiteside, Brett J. Deacon (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $111.09Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGoing beyond one-size-fits-all approaches, this indispensable book describes how to design and implement exposure-based interventions for clients suffering from any type of pathological worry or fear. The expert authors translate cutting-edge theory and research into flexible guidelines for real-world clinical practice. They present the nuts and bolts of individualized assessment and treatment planning and offer strategies for engaging clients successfully. Chapters organized around common anxiety triggers feature a wealth of case examples and specific ideas for exposure exercises. Special topics include working with child clients and combining therapy with medication. Several reproducible handouts and forms are provided. This book will be important reading for practitioners and students in clinical psychology, psychiatry, counseling, and social work. It may also serve as a supplemental text in clinically oriented graduate-level courses.
- Author BiographyJonathan S. Abramowitz, PhD, ABPP, is Professor and Associate Chair of the Department of Psychology and Research Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of North Carolina (UNC) at Chapel Hill. He is also Director of the UNC Anxiety and Stress Disorders Clinic. Dr. Abramowitz conducts research on anxiety disorders and has published 10 books and over 150 peer-reviewed research articles and book chapters. He is a recipient of awards including the David Shakow Early Career Award for Distinguished Scientific Contributions to Clinical Psychology from Division 12 of the American Psychological Association. Brett J. Deacon, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Wyoming and Director of the University of Wyoming Anxiety Disorders Clinic in Laramie. Dr. Deacon has published over 50 peer-reviewed research articles on the nature and treatment of anxiety disorders. He serves on the editorial boards of numerous scientific journals and is a member of the Clinical Advisory Board of the Anxiety Disorders Association of America. He is the recipient of numerous teaching and research awards from the University of Wyoming, among other honors. Stephen P. H. Whiteside, PhD, ABPP, is Associate Professor of Psychology and Director of the Child Anxiety Disorders Program at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He conducts research on the assessment and treatment of childhood anxiety disorders, including the use of neuroimaging to examine the effects of cognitive-behavioral therapy. Dr. Whiteside has received research funding from the International OCD Foundation and has published 35 articles and book chapters.
- Author(s)Brett J. Deacon,Jonathan S. Abramowitz,Stephen P. H. Whiteside
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication11/01/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight676 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.