All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are like many teen girls, you may feel pressure to be nice, rather than assert your opinions. You may even fear being called bossy or pushy when speaking your mind or offering a different point of view. But if you have ever stopped yourself from expressing your opinion, you kw how bad it can feel afterward. Don't let yourself fall into that same trap over and over. Your thoughts and feelings matter just as much as everyone else-you just need to find your voice. Using techniques based in proven-effective dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), this book will show you how to have positive interactions with others, deal with difficult emotions that can arise from bullying or dealing with mean girls, and easy-to-use strategies that will boost your self-esteem and confidence. You'll also discover tons of assertive communication skills you can use every day, including how to speak up when you are upset; asking for what you want in a clear, assertive manner; and coping when intense emotions threaten to take over and sabotage your relationships. In the age of social media and texting, strong communication skills are needed more than ever. This book will t only give you the tools needed to speak up in everyday or difficult situations, but it will also provide powerful advice for effectively communicating in the digital world.
- Author BiographyEmily Roberts, MA, LPC, is a psychotherapist, parenting consultant, educational speaker, and published author. She created The Guidance Girl as a brand to help empower and educate girls on how to feel confident, build self-esteem, and develop communication skills. Roberts is aware of the challenges faced by both teens and women, and has built a practice by positioning herself as therapeutic mentor and consultant. As a contributing author for HealthyPlace.com, Roberts writes the weekly blog Building Self-Esteem and is also parenting consultant and blogger for the Neurogistics Corporation. Roberts is the cofounder of The Talking Room-a workshop program in Austin,TX, that helps girls ages five to eleven develop self-esteem, confidence, leadership, friendship skills, and stress reduction activities with an emphasis on creating healthy boundaries with technology.
- Author(s)Emily Roberts
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleAn Instant Help Book for Teens
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight260 g
- Width155 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.96
- AU $15.07Trending at AU $18.26
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.20
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.52
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.76
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.