All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.82
About this product
- DescriptionProfessor Brown provides a resource for clinicians, instructors, and students interested in promoting group process and progress, increasing group members' self-awareness and self-understanding, and strategies for resolving individual and group difficult behaviors. It presents art, imagery, dreams, guided writing, fairy tales, and movement exercises together with theory and literature reviews underlying each. Professor Brown examines the underlying assumptions for using expressive processes in group counseling and provides applications to promote group development, foster individual and group learning, and instruct group leaders. About half the book is devoted to theory, cultural and diversity issues, ethnical considerations, and guidelines for use. The other half presents art, imagery, dreams, guided writing, fairy tales, and movement applications together with relevant literature reviews and specific strategies. Brown provides a comprehensive and integrated approach to understanding and using expressive processes in groups. As such the book will be of value to clinicians, instructors, and students in psychology interested in promoting group process and progress.
- Author BiographyNINA W. BROWN, is Professor of Counseling, Darden College of Education, Old Dominion University. She has written extensively on counseling issues, including Teaching Group Dynamics (Praeger, 1992) and Group Counseling for Elementary and Middle School Children (Praeger, 1994).
- Author(s)Nina W. Brown
- Date of Publication30/06/1996
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.