All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionA billiard is a dynamical system in which a point particle alternates between free motion and specular reflections from the boundary of a domain. Exterior Billiards presents billiards in the complement of domains and their applications in aerodynamics and geometrical optics. This book distinguishes itself from existing literature by presenting billiard dynamics outside bounded domains, including scattering, resistance, invisibility and retro-reflection. It begins with an overview of the mathematical tations used throughout the book and a brief review of the main results. Chapters 2 and 3 are focused on problems of minimal resistance and Newton's problem in media with positive temperature. In chapters 4 and 5, scattering of billiards by nconvex and rough domains is characterized and some related special problems of optimal mass transportation are studied. Applications in aerodynamics are addressed next and problems of invisibility and retro-reflection within the framework of geometric optics conclude the text. The book will appeal to mathematicians working in dynamical systems and calculus of variations. Specialists working in the areas of applications discussed will also find it useful.
- Author(s)Alexander Plakhov
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/09/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight613 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.