All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of the extracellular matrix (ECM) and its diverse roles in tissue scaffolding and cellular signaling in both physiological and pathological processes has significantly expanded over the past decade. Although well appreciated, the structural and biochemical complexity and the dynamic nature of the living matrix are still under extensive inv- tigation, yielding a growing number of methods with varying degree of sophistication and intricacy. In this edition of Extracellular Matrix Protocols, we compiled a variety of methods that can be readily reproduced in most cell biology laboratories, as well as several cutting-edge techlogies that are indeed available in a limited number of centers, but are well worth the awareness and exposure to the ECM research community. As in the previous edition, the book chapters are divided into sections that rep- sent molecular biology techniques to study gene expression, biophysical and biochemical methods for the analysis of structure and composition, cell biology methods for the asse- ment of cell behavior and matrix assembly and tissue engineering applications. All chapters were contributed by scientists who developed the methods or mastered and perfected methods that were routinely used in their laboratories. An effort was made to provide practical working details and helpful tes for the nexpert user in order to assist reproducibility and accuracy. We hope that these valuable protocols will become helpful tools for ECM researchers and will be further developed and tailored to the s- cific needs of a growing number of applications.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication19/03/2009
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, 9 colour illustrations, 1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1021 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited bySharona Even-Ram
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2009
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.