All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is intended to be a course about the creation and evolution of the universe at large, including the basic macroscopic building blocks (galaxies) and the overall large-scale structure. This text covers a broad range of topics for a graduate-level class in a physics department where students' available credit hours for astrophysics classes are limited. The sections cover galactic structure, external galaxies, galaxy clustering, active galaxies, general relativity and cosmology.
- Author BiographyDr James R. Webb is currently a full professor of physics at Florida International University (FIU). He received his bachelor's degree in physics at Ball State University, and his masters and PhD in astronomy at the University of Florida. His research area is the study of blazar variability on all timescales and, although primarily an optical astronomer, he has worked in the UV, x-ray and gammaray spectral domains as well. He is an award-winning educator, earning teaching awards in 1994, 1996, 1999 and 2010, outreach and service awards in 2002 and 2009, and an 'Astronomical Achievements Award' from the Southern Cross Astronomical Society for his astronomy outreach programs. He was a finalist in the 'Worlds Ahead' faculty award in 2012, the most prestigious award for faculty at FIU. He has published over 65 peer-reviewed papers on blazars, organized two international conferences on blazars and served as the director of the SARA North telescope for 15 years. He is currently director of the Stocker Astroscience Center at FIU'sMMCcampus. He has taught extragalactic astrophysics and general relativity at the graduate level for over 25 years.
- Author(s)James R. Webb
- PublisherMorgan & Claypool Publishers
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan & Claypool Publishers
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.