CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionI'm going to die. That's all I could think about. While on a cruise with his fiancee and friends to celebrate his 39th birthday, Bob Youngs came down with severe stomach pain. Although he made it through the remainder of the cruise, his fiancee urged him to see a doctor after returning home on Father's Day. After reluctantly visiting the doctor, Bob was found to be bleeding internally and was rushed to the emergency room. That night marked the beginning of a battle Bob never saw coming. This is the true story of Bob's six-month fight with Leukemia. Based on the daily blog his fiancee wrote to keep family and friends updated on Bob's condition, it's a powerful and emotional ride readers won't soon forget. Bob exposes the deepest parts of himself for all to see. He shares his doubts, fears, and what it's like to go head to head with his own mortality. This is a story about a man who was read his last rites, who looked into the eyes of death and lived to tell about it. It's a story of vulnerability, raw emotion, and brutal honesty. Most of all, it's a story of extraordinary resolve.
- Author BiographyBob Youngs is a strength training writer for EliteFTS and has appeared on the cover of Powerlifting USA Magazine. Co-Author & fiancee Michele L. Stanek was nominated as Woman of the Year from The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for her patient advocacy during Bob's fight.
- Author(s)Bob Youngs
- PublisherAurora Lake Publishing
- Date of Publication02/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAurora Lake Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.