All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA startling and at times unsettlingly prescient collection of J. G. Ballard's greatest interviews. J.G. Ballard was a literary giant. Best kwn for his controversial bestseller 'Crash' and the memoir 'Empire of the Sun', he was a writer of unique talent - always surprising, frequently prescient. Such acuity was t exclusive to his vels and, as this book reminds us, Ballard's restive intelligence sharpened itself in dialogue. He entertained many with insights into the world as he saw it, and speculated, often correctly, about its future. Some of these observations earned Ballard an oracular reputation, and continue to yield an uncannily accurate commentary today. 'Extreme Metaphors' collects the finest interviews of his career. Conversations with Will Self, Jon Savage, Iain Sinclair and John Gray, and collaborators like David Cronenberg, are a reminder of his wit and humanity, testament to Ballard's profound worldliness as much as his otherworldly imagination. This collection is an indispensable tribute to one of recent history's most original thinkers.
- Author BiographyJ.G. Ballard was born in 1930 in Shanghai, where his father was a businessman. After internment in a civilian prison camp, he and his family returned to England in 1946. He published his first novel, The Drowned World, in 1961. His 1984 bestseller Empire of the Sun won the Guardian Fiction Prize and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize, and was shortlisted for the Booker Prize. It was later filmed by Steven Spielberg. His memoir Miracles of Life was published in 2008. J.G. Ballard died in 2009. Simon Sellars lives in Melbourne, Australia. He is the editor of the magazine Architectural Review Asia Pacific and the publisher of ballardian.com. His writing on architecture, urbanism, film, travel and Ballard has been published widely.
- Author(s)J. G. Ballard
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Weight380 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byDan O'Hara,Simon Sellars
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.