CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Audio Books
- AU $30.52Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $96.94
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $20.45
- AU $30.20Trending at AU $37.39
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $32.24
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $14.60
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.85
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is one of the Trailblazers series of audio books on popular n-fiction topics. Extreme Science includes a fully illustrated n-fiction section with fascinating information on the topic, followed by a fiction story. The series will appeal to older children and young adults and is particularly suitable for those with an extremely low level of literacy or learning English as a second language. The Trailblazers series has been written for older children and young adults with a reading age of 5-8. The books are suitable for general reading or as part of a more structured reading programme. Each book is on a strong, popular topic, with a colourful, attractive layout. Each book has a n fiction and a fiction section. The fiction story appears in two formats - one with simple texts for poor readers; the facing pages contain an illustrated 'speech bubble' version of the same story, for those who are just starting to learn to read. These two levels of entry give access points for children and young adults with different reading ages. The vocabulary of each book is carefully limited, with simple sentences to reinforce reading skills, which make the books suitable for even the poorest readers. Extreme Science describes the very limits of science. It answers many big questions, such as How did the universe begin? How will it end? Will we ever visit the stars? Could we bring disaurs back to life? Can we travel back in time? Could we live forever? All great questions, often with some surprising answers! The fiction story The Man in the Machine tells a great story of universes living inside computers. It really gives you something to think about if you like computer games!
- Author BiographyDavid Orme has written over 200 books including poetry collections, fiction, non-fiction, and school text books. When he is not writing books he travels around the country giving readings, and running writing workshops and courses.
- Author(s)David Orme
- PublisherRansom Publishing
- Date of Publication17/07/2010
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleTrailblazers
- Place of PublicationWatlington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRansom Publishing
- Weight100 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.