All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionNobody kws how to tell a story like Bobby Norfolk, and here he tells his own life story. Norfolk grew up in hardscrabble neighborhoods of Saint Louis, Missouri, during the 1950s and 60s, sometimes walking to elementary school from an apartment his parents could t afford to heat. Lifting himself up by force of will and God-given talent, Norfolk defeated a childhood stutter to become a high school dramatist and later an exceptional college student. The path was never easy and often frightening. With men of color being killed all-too-frequently in America, Norfolk sought a personal identity based upon talent and hard work, but also upon where safety and justice might be found. He tells these stories some heartwarming or humorous, some frightful and treacherous honestly, with a graceful mindfulness that all would do well to emulate.
- Author BiographyThe winner of three regional Emmys for his 1990s TV program, Gator Tales, that cemented his reputation in the St. Louis market, Bobby Norfolk has become one of the leading presences on the storytelling festival circuit in the USA, and has performed in the United Kingdom, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, and Ghana. A recipient of the National Storytelling Network (USA) Circle of Excellence award, Norfolk lives in St. Louis, Missouri, with his wife and fellow storyteller, Sherry.
- Author(s)Bobby Norfolk
- PublisherParkhurst Brothers Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParkhurst Brothers Publishers Inc
- Weight295 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.