All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
- AU $34.83Trending at AU $37.93
About this product
- DescriptionA classic of its kind, Frank Party's best-selling FIASCO takes readers inside the rollicking world of derivatives on Wall Street during the mid-1990s. The book tracks Party's success as a young Morgan Stanley employee who quickly becomes steeped in a culture that treats client as targets to be blown up or have their faces ripped off. A decade later FIASCO remains one of the most damning and prescient pictures of the speculative frenzies that grip Wall Street and the victims they can leave in their wake. In Party's case they include well-publicized losses at Orange County, Barings, and Procter & Gamble, among others. A new epilogue written for this edition brings Party's story-as well as the story of derivatives-up to the present.
- Author BiographyFrank Partnoy is the author of Infectious Greed and The Match King. He has written for the Financial Times, the New York Times, and Portfolio. He teaches law at the University of San Diego, where he lives.
- Author(s)Frank Partnoy
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication31/03/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Out-of-print date28/08/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight210 g
- Width142 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.