All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn amusing, informative, controversial and utterly irreverent history of the world's favourite word. F, U, C and K - four letters that can cause outrage, scandal, embarrassment or instant relief if you hit your thumb with a hammer. In this wide-ranging and frequently hilarious history of the F-word, Rufus Lodge searches out the origins of our language's most popular obscenity, and chronicles its dramatic arrival in our everyday lives. As he discovers, the F-word can be heard among aristocrats and astronauts, rock stars and royals, poets and politicians, even in the company of Father Ted and Basil Brush. No-one is safe from the F-word's outrageous progress, as incent animals, fragrant mothers and squeaky-clean TV hosts are dragged into the fray. The cast of characters includes Shakespeare, the Beatles, Andy Murray, T.S. Eliot, Elton, Camilla and everyone unfortunate eugh to live in an Austrian town with a very embarrassing name. F*** is a cavalcade of priceless anecdotes, historical research, filthy jokes and definitions too devious for any decent dictionary - guaranteed to make you laugh, and broaden your vocabulary*. * The publisher takes responsibility for any embarrassment caused when readers drop the F-bomb after reading this book.
- Author BiographyRufus Lodge is an author, and lives in London.
- Author(s)Rufus Lodge
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Friday Project Limited
- Weight150 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.