Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.49
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
About this product
- DescriptionFrom his first vel, This Side of Paradise, which brought him a blaze of youthful fame, to his last, unfinished vel, The Last Tycoon, F. Scott Fitzgerald's appeal as one of America's most quintessential artists has continued to maintain its hold on twenty-first century readers. In this reader-friendly study of Fitzgerald's major fiction, Michael K. Glenday: * offers new readings of the author's canical works, including The Great Gatsby and Tender Is the Night, * draws on the very latest research in his reassessment of the ideas and significance of Fitzgerald's major vels, * explores the core themes of the vels, as well as their considerable contribution to the spirit and complexity of modern-day American culture. Assuming prior kwledge, this book is ideal for those seeking a lively, informed introduction to Fitzgerald's fiction, as well as those looking for fresh and original insights into his extraordinary work.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL K. GLENDAY was appointed Research Affiliate in the Department of Literature at the Open University, UK, in 2005. He is a founding co-editor of the F. Scott Fitzgerald Review and his previous publications include books on Saul Bellow and Norman Mailer and the co-edited volume American Mythologies: Essays on Contemporary Literature.
- Author(s)Michael K. Glenday
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/11/2011
- Series TitlePalgrave Modern Novelists
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1998
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note0
- Weight313 g
- Width143 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.